Monday, March 25, 2013

March 22 - Lynch Syndrome Awareness Day

In my last post I was wondering what else to do to bring awareness of Lynch Syndrome.  Since that time our Mayor, Todd Novak, signed his first proclamation in support of March 22 - Lynch Syndrome Awareness Day.  The newspaper also did an interview with me for more information and I was asked to be an administrator for Lynchville, which is a part of Colontown on Facebook.

I also distributed fliers to the hospital and clinic in town from Lynch Syndrome International.  The number of people who have approached me either because of the article in the paper or because of something I posted on Facebook has been exciting.  Even Cal took information to share at school and the parent of a classmate asked me for more information.  

I love that my small town is so open to learning more about Lynch.  The more people are aware of it, the more lives that will potentially be saved.


No comments:

Post a Comment