Thursday, August 5, 2010

August 4

I guess we must be getting on with life considering it's been three days since I posted.  A bunch of Mike's co-workers came over last night to stain our deck.  Some had been out on Monday to do the pressure washing and then brought reinforcements yesterday to do the actual staining.  The deck looks great and we are so grateful for the help.  Unfortunately, I may have appeared as less than that yesterday.  Over the last couple of days I've had a sore throat that has gotten progressively worse so I wasn't feeling too great yesterday.  Hopefully, Mike's co-workers don't think he has an antisocial wife or that I'm not grateful for everything they did - including provide food Monday and Wednesday!

I don't know if stress has finally caught up to me, if it's allergies, sinus infection or just a plain old cold, but I feel rather miserable.  Actually, bad enough to see the doctor this afternoon.  The biggest reason I don't want to just wait it out is that our vacation starts on Saturday.  The last thing I want is to be sick during vacation. 

In the meantime I have the typical packing, laundry, list making routine that happens before any vacation.  It's nice to just feel normal. 

Mike doesn't want to be seen as "the guy with cancer".  Besides, it's gone at this point.  I don't want to be seen as the woman married to the guy with cancer.  We aren't unaware that things can change, but for now we can try to live our lives like we did B.C. (before cancer), but with a little more patience and understanding that comes from going through such a life changing event.

No comments:

Post a Comment