Monday, August 16, 2010

Vacation is over

Vacation is over - along with lazy mornings and swimming all day.  I registered the kids for school today.  I guess that means it's time to get back to some kind of a routine.  It's hard to believe how much has happened this summer.  So many surprises, so much uncertainty, but so much gratitude too.

Wednesday is our meeting with the oncologist to find out what the Tumor Board came up with in regard to treatment/procedures for Mike.  It's difficult to describe how I feel right now.  Part of me feels like this is no big deal, nothing to get excited or worried about, but then I think, "isn't that weird - to feel like that?"  What we find out on Wednesday will be significant in determining where we go from here.  I keep coming back to the phrase "new normal" and I guess that's what this is.  You kind of get used to the uncertainty, but not really.  Maybe some day I'll figure out how to put that into words that make sense.

It's also a bit strange to have other issues taking center stage right now that are pushing this cancer thing off to the side. 

"Yes, it's been quite a summer..."  J. Buffett

No comments:

Post a Comment