Sunday, August 15, 2010

From August 9

Copied from my facebook page....
Wishing I could up date my blog, but the laptop won't let me sign in so this is the best I can do for now.

Exactly four weeks ago today, Mike had 1/3 of his colon removed. One hour ago he was throwing the kids around in the swimming pool. Yesterday he chased them around a playground. I am overwhelmed once again. Mike's resiliency is nothing short of amazing. When I see the scar, it is an obvious visual reminder of what has happened over the last month and a half, but there are times I find that I have to remind myself that it has only been four weeks and considering it was major abdominal surgery Mike is not yet physically healed.

I'm glad we've had this opportunity to get away for a week. The kids are having a blast - three hours running around with four Bulldogs last night, swimming, playgrounds, etc are wearing them out in a good way. Our family needed this, I think. Maybe more than other vacations we've had in the past. It's nothing exotic, but when our biggest concern is the kids arguing over Burger King vs. McDonalds - Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment