Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

I told Mike a while ago that I honestly did not need or want anything for Christmas this year.  I have said that in the past, but probably didn't really mean it.  This year is different.  The fact that Mike is healthy and cancer free is enough for me this year.  My family is together.  My kids know their dad feels good and the cancer is gone.

Of course, Mike being Mike, he still bought gifts.  Thinking about it now, I actually feel relieved.  (Not because I'm getting presents, although I won't complain!)  This means that cancer is not front and center in our lives.  Like every other Christmas we will go to church tonight and sing "Silent Night" by candlelight, try to convince the kids to go to bed at a somewhat reasonable time, and wake up way too early tomorrow morning because we are too excited to sleep.  That's what I really wanted for Christmas. 

The routine and the normalcy with the people I love the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment