Thursday, July 1, 2010

How to deal?

While at the hospital we made the phone calls. Usually met with "What?" or "Who has cancer?" Amazingly, or maybe not, there were few tears. I think shock took over for the most part. I know it did for me. How else could I have a seemingly normal conversation about the love of my life, my best friend being diagnosed with cancer?
Since leaving the hospital & notifying most everyone we could think of we were left to wonder Now what? What do you do with that kind of news. OK, we meet with the surgeon again on July 6. At that time he'll have the oncology report to confirm again that Yes, it is cancer. July 12 is surgery to remove the right half of Mike's colon along with I don't know how many lymph nodes. Problem is - beyond that we don't know anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment