Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Up & Moving

Epidural is gone and Mike walked the halls a little.  He's sleeping again, which is what he needs.  Turns out insomnia is common for someone of Mike's age, fitness level & health that goes through this type of surgery.  Tonight he'll get Ambien to help him sleep & I brought the ear plugs.  Funny how you are supposed to rest as much as you can so the well meaning nurses can disturb you every 90 minutes.   


Speaking of nurses, they have all been great.  I'm not just saying that because I happen to be friends with two of them either.  


Kids are doing better today now that they've seen Mike a couple of times.  Zoey was a bit quieter than usual when I went home to get cleaned up, but overall they're having fun with their grandparents.  


Not a whole lot for me to do here, but I don't want to be anywhere else.  Knowing the kids are taken care of lifts a huge weight.  I can focus my energy on Mike and making sure he gets what he needs.  Even in a small hospital things come up and he may not be high on the list of priorities.  As awful as it sounds, it just means there is someone else worse off than he is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment