Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Plan

Yesterday, for the first time in two weeks, I actually felt hungry.  I also slept through the night last night.  I think knowing what the next step is at least puts some order to all of this chaos.

The other day Mike came across a website http://www.colonclub.com/ - it's a site geared towards people diagnosed at a younger age than is typical.  There is a message board/forum as well.  I have to say, I love it!  Mike probably won't register with the site (he's just fine getting his support from people he already has a relationship with), but in less than 24 hours I had 14 responses to my post as a newbie.  Have I said before how amazing it is to have so much support?  My theory is that I can never get enough information to really be satisfied.  And, if I can get first hand info from people currently going through diagnosis & treatment as well as from their support people - all the better.   

My sister-in-law, Colleen, is organizing a group for the "Get Your Rear in Gear" 5K in Tinley Park, IL.  The run is July 25 - so they're moving quickly.  We won't be able to go this time, but I'm planning next fall in 2011 when Milwaukee holds the event.

Today is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment