Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ready to get on with it

I debated about updating the blog over the last few days while I was away for a long weekend with friends.  I decided against it for a few reasons.  Probably most importantly was that I didn't NEED to write things down this weekend.  Thanks to Michelle & Maureen I could pretend that life was normal for a few days.  Not that my normal life includes hitting multiple wineries in two days and experiencing an incredible concert by one of my favorite singers.  I am grateful to both of them for humoring me when I mentioned anything about our "cancer situation", which I REALLY tried not to do.  Good wine, good food & girl time was just what I needed to recharge.

Being in a small venue (maybe 300-500 people) to hear Nadirah Shakoor sing was amazing.  She is beautiful inside and out, graceful & gracious & has one of the most amazing voices I have ever heard.  There were a few times I really wished Mike was with me, especially during certain songs, but I didn't let those thoughts get in the way of appreciating the moment.

I also am incredibly thankful that I have a husband who encouraged us to go despite everything else that is going on.  More.

I'm ready to get on with it.  We meet with the oncologist on Tuesday and go from there.  Right now I am feeling more than "cautiously optimistic".

No comments:

Post a Comment