Monday, July 5, 2010

The next step

Had a good time yesterday with family.  Backyard fireworks were fun and it was great to spend some time NOT thinking about cancer.

I had a good talk with my mother-in-law.  She is a cancer survivor herself and more than anything doesn't want Mike to have to go through the same pain of chemo and radiation that she did.  I can't imagine what it must be like to have your child go through something like this. 

Our good friend, Justin, came for a visit as well.  I lost it a bit when he showed up, but I kind of thought I would anyway.  He was best man in our wedding and just one of those people you know you may not see often, but will always be an important part of your life.

Tomorrow is our next step.  The week and a half we've been waiting since the diagnosis has seemed at least twice that long.  We see the surgeon at 11 and will hopefully have more information about the tumor.  Is it contained within the colon or has it crossed muscle?  Does it appear to be a "normal" cancerous tumor or something out of the ordinary?  We may or may not have those answers tomorrow, but at least the oncology report will be available and might shed a bit more light on what we're dealing with.

I'm hoping we can sleep well tonight, but given the roller coaster ride my stomach has been on today, it doesn't seem all that likely.

1 comment:

  1. I am sending every good and positive thought that I can generate to you and Mike for tomorrow. Whatever it is that you find out you will face it and come through it.

    ReplyDelete