Friday, July 30, 2010

July 30

What a month this has been!  Reflecting back it's like three lifetimes crammed into 5 weeks.  I'm so glad I decided to start the blog.  I can remember what it felt like to be told Mike had cancer, but I won't always be able to bring that feeling back.  Kind of like childbirth, I guess.  If you could really remember how much pain labor and delivery is, everyone would be an only child.  


Through all of this I have been reminded over and over again how fortunate I am to have the life I do.  Friends, family, acquaintances, even people we have never met putting forth so much effort to support the four of us.  I look at Mike and see how much he loves me and the kids.  I know he'll do whatever it takes to be here with us.


Right now we're in a pretty good place with no more news expected until August 18.  After that we'll see where we go next.  In the meantime I'll try not to think about the uncertainty that surrounds us and instead focus on what I am certain about.  I love my husband, my kids, family & friends and appreciate all they bring to my life.

Now I'm headed upstairs to watch a movie & have some ice cream with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment